FASHION WEEK 2023: UNVEILING THE HOTTEST TRENDSSeptember 27, 2023
London Fashion Week has once again taken the fashion world by storm, offering a glimpse into what we can expect to see on runways and streets in the coming seasons. From sustainable fashion to gender-fluid designs, the event was a whirlwind of creativity and innovation.
Here are some of the hottest trends that graced the runways and the streets during Fashion Week 2023.
1. Sustainable Chic: Sustainability was at the forefront of many designer collections. Ethical practices, eco-friendly materials, and a commitment to reducing fashion’s environmental footprint were showcased, reflecting a growing industry-wide consciousness.There is still a long way to go- but it’s a good start.
2. Gender Fluidity: Breaking free from traditional gender norms, designers presented collections that were gender-fluid and inclusive. Styles and silhouettes could be embraced by individuals of all genders, emphasising fashion’s role in promoting diversity and self-expression. After all, clothes have no gender.
Source: Complex Original
3. Dazzling Colours: The London runways were awash with bold, vibrant colors. Jewel tones, neon shades, and striking prints took center stage, heralding a departure from the subdued palettes of seasons past. Perfect for not-so-sunny London!
4. Nostalgia Reimagined: Nostalgia was a recurring theme, with designers drawing inspiration from various eras. Styles reminiscent of the ’70s, ’80s, and ’90s made a comeback, with retro silhouettes and vintage-inspired patterns capturing the essence of bygone times. We’ve never been more ready for throwbacks.
Amine wearing LV
5. Textural Delights: Texture and fabric experimentation were evident throughout the week. Designers played with feathers, faux fur, and leather, creating garments that begged to be touched and adding depth to their collections.
6. Oversized Statements: Oversized silhouettes commanded attention on the runways and on the streets. Billowing sleeves, exaggerated proportions, and oversized blazers were the order of the day, making a bold fashion statement. Fashionable and comfy, sounds like a win-win!
7. Futuristic Flair: Some designers ventured into the future, infusing their collections with sci-fi elements. Think metallic fabrics, holographic details, and avant-garde shapes that transported us to a world of fashion innovation. *Alexa, play Matrix*.
8. Accessory Extravaganza: Accessories were not to be outdone, with statement pieces like oversized hats, chunky jewellery, and unique handbags enhancing the overall look and adding that extra dash of style.
9. Bohemian Ease: On the flip side, relaxed and bohemian aesthetics had their moment in the spotlight. Flowing dresses, loose-fitting silhouettes, and an emphasis on comfort were key elements of this trend.
Erden Bks and Euden Choi
10. Natural Beauty: Clean beauty products and eco-conscious makeup brands gained prominence. Natural, radiant skin and minimalistic makeup looks were all the rage. This fashion season is all about embracing our differences and natural beauty!
IYD Fashion Week Favourites
In addition to the incredible trends that graced the runways and streets during London Fashion Week 2023, there were also some standout designers and brands that captured the hearts of fashion enthusiasts worldwide including ours.
1. Annies Ibiza (@anniesibiza): She made waves during Fashion Week with her vibrant and eclectic designs. Known for bold use of colors, patterns, and bohemian-inspired creations, Annies Ibiza brought a touch of Ibiza’s free-spirited style to London. Make sure to check out her Instagram page.
2. Kevin Germanier (@kevingermanier): His show was one of the most anticipated events of Fashion Week ‘23. With a reputation for innovative and sustainable fashion, Germanier continued to push the boundaries of eco-friendly design. His latest show was a testament to his commitment to creating stunning pieces while minimizing environmental impact. The fashion world eagerly awaited his latest collection, showcasing the future of responsible luxury fashion.
3. Beate Karlsson’s “Fake It Till You Break It.”.
Swedish designer Beate Karlsson made a bold statement at the Fashion Week with her Spring/Summer 2023 collection titled “Fake It Till You Break It.” The runway show deliberately featured clothes tearing, heels breaking, accessories falling off, and even the wall collapsing at the end. This unconventional approach aimed to deconstruct the seriousness of fashion, and it quickly went viral, sparking conversations about the industry’s impact and the need for sustainability.
LWF ‘23 has certainly left an indelible mark on the fashion landscape. As we eagerly await these trends to make their way into our closets, one thing is clear: fashion is evolving, embracing diversity, sustainability, and innovation like never before. These trends (with a focus on sustainability, inclusivity, and innovation) are not just a reflection of style; they are a statement about the evolving values of the fashion industry itself.
Did we miss your favourite LFW moment? Let us know in the comments below, and stay tuned for more fashion inspiration right here.